The Fern Alley hiking trail in Moose Lake Provincial Park is amongst those closed because of the current dry weather conditions.
May 13, 2021 – Fire Ban and Backcountry Travel Ban in Southern Manitoba
Due to continued dry conditions and extreme wildfire danger, the following restrictions are now in place at all provincial parks south of the 53rd parallel (includes all eastern, central and western region parks).
- All backcountry trails and water routes closed. This includes hiking, equestrian, mountain biking and motorized vehicles. Limited trails within developed front-country campgrounds and town sites remain open. See full list of trail closures here.
- No campfires permitted at any time. CSA approved gas appliances are permitted.
- Landing and launching of watercraft and aircraft restricted to developed shorelines only (docks and shoreline improvements made to safely secure aircraft and boats). No portaging to backcountry areas.
- Remote cottage access under approved travel permit only issued at the discretion of the local Conservation Officer.
- Industry and outfitters should contact their local Conservation and Climate office for more information.